SUWIDHA has been conceived to facilitate citizen by capturing the input at
a single point, defining a specified delivery date depending upon the type
of service and accepting cash at the counter itself.
How SUWIDHA Works?
- The citizen approaches SUWIDHA Queue Counter and gets the Queue Token number.
- Citizen waits for some time till his token number is displayed on the screen. On
his turn at SUWIDHA Service Counter, he files his application.
- Citizen is issued a receipt bearing a Refrence number, which specifies the date
of delivery of services. Each type of service has a pre-defined delivery time and
system automatically calculates the service delivery date.
- The time of delievery of service depends upon on the nature of service as specified
by the Govt. of Punjab.
- All kind of payments for the fees etc can be made at the SUWIDHA counter. This further
saves the inconvenience of the citizen caused to visit either bank or treasury office
to deposit such payments.
- The application/case is then sent to the branch for action.
- In between the citizen can track the case with the help of SUWIDHA Token number
through DialCITI (which is IVR based system) or website, wherever implemented.
- In order to ensure the timely delivery, the DC monitors the progress regularly so
that citizen does not have to visit the office un-necessarily.
- The delivery of documents/processed case is made on the specified date. The delivery
of the documents is also from SUWIDHA Delivery Counter and not from the branch.
This way the branches are able to concentrate on the backend work rather than attending
to the citizens and this further helps in improving government services and the
citizen are freed from inconvenience /harassment.
With this process, all applications received are recorded and
monitored against the delivery due date, branch-wise. Computerized print, placement
of processes has improved the quality of service. SUWIDHA Software provided the
facility of local language (Punjabi) as well. The operators are available on the
counters for the prescribed timings so easily accessibility to the citizens.